The 8 things no one tells you about growing up, what makes you special, discovering your life purpose, and being happy...
Ever had one of those moments? Where there's a slow motion montage as you catch yourself in a place or a situation you'd never imagined you'd find yourself and what runs through your head is the question:
"What am I doing with my life?"
I bet you've been doing all the right things and playing by all the rules, and you're waiting for clarity, wishing for a sign, and thinking you need to know what THE answer is before you can make any moves. I bet you've hoped, "There's got to be more to life than this!?!"
You *effing* wish you had an owner’s manual that would show you where you are in your life, where you are supposed to be, and how all the parts work together and how your life ends make effing sense and hopefully has a purpose!
The things that "they" don't tell you about growing up, what makes you special, how to discover your life purpose, and what it means to be happy and wealthy....
1) The only way to find yourself is to completely lose your way. You might even feel like you're losing your mind when you begin to come alive in your life and discover that what you had been doing, just isn't going to cut it any longer. You might actually end up losing the things you worked so hard for, you might stand to lose a few of the most precious things.... From where you came everything made sense, to where you're going nothing makes sense… this is life. This is the way.
2) When you are lost, the things that worked for your once, will stop working for you. They say, "You can always go back". That's bullshit. Ever heard the expression, jump and the net will appear? The real story goes a bit more like this: As you jump from the cliff, take the leap of faith, risk everything, and go for it, you trip, fall, stumble, scuff up your elbows, cut up your hands, grasp, clutch, and scream on the way down, wondering if you're going to survive the fear of the fall. Then after breaking through every safety net, falling into deepest darkness of the abyss, you enter into the complete unknown. This is scarier than the darkness.
3) You will have to find a new way. Your way. You will try other ways, they won't work for you. You will find your way, the way that is meant for you. Uniquely designed for you. Only you can find this way.
4) People with seemingly good advice and sound ten (or 8) step strategies- are not to be trusted. Chances are, they never had the balls to do the great thing in their life that you're attempting to do, and they're scared of what it means if you accomplish what you’ve set out to do, because that means they might still have to do the thing that they were meant to do and that is too scary. Or they know that ten step strategies are total bullshit and you have to find your own way just like they had to find theirs, and now they're just selling you their half truth because thats marketing strategy, NOT to be confused with strategy to live your OWN PURPOSE. Also known as “Don’t take advice from someone you don’t think is smarter than you are”.
5) Do not expect perfection. Do not aim for perfection. The expectation of perfection, of total security, of knowing all things before they happen, and how your life will unfold, if achieved, would create a state of stagnancy beyond which there is would be NO future growth, and no such state exists.
6) True wealth, is an absolute knowing that everything you need is within you. How we become really wealthy, is different for each and everyone one of us, and how we define our own personal wealth is incredibly important to spend time defining, so that we may make sure we are in alignment with our own personal truth while making money so that we have the capacity to sustain it while enjoying ourselves. This is freedom.
7) The ability to reframe failure and not take yourself so seriously, at times, will be exactly what propels you toward living a more extraordinary life and what will set you apart from the rest who are too afraid to try and fail, and therefore will never truly know or understand who they are and what makes them happy.
8) Arriving at your destination is not the point. You will come to learn that fulfillment, life purpose, and happiness is in WHO YOU BECOME as a result of following your heart and the process of making welcome in your life your unique destiny and fulfilling that which you and only you were meant to fulfill in the first place.
With Love, The Human Experience Artist